If you have an infant and newborn and you experience any kind of congestion, it can be hard and make you feel that you are powerless. Having a humidifier can be helpful because it can help to think out the mucus and clear out the nasal passages. If your newborn or infant experiences coughing or stuffy noses, having a humidifier can also help them to sleep better and to have a peaceful and soothing rest.
The Best Humidifier for Infants & Newborns
When bringing home, a newborn or having an infant in the home, it is important for them to have a nice and restful sleep. With the Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, you can set the humidifier on a low or high-speed setting so that your newborn or infant can sleep well at night.
Having moist air can help your newborn or infant to breathe better and along with taking away the dry air, the MistAire also has a night light that can be turned off or on, giving a light glow that can help your newborn or infant to relax even more.
The Pure Enrichment MistAire can hold up to 1.5 liters of water and it is perfect for small or medium sized rooms, including a nursery. If you want to run the MistAire while your newborn or infant sleeps, it has an automatic shutoff so that you never have to worry about it running on empty or running too long.
The Pure Enrichment MistaAire runs for 16 hours on one fill up, so it is easy to use and can run overnight without interrupting sleep. Not only does it run without interrupting sleep, it is also very quiet and is healthy for anyone that needs to add a little moisture to their air.
The MistAire comes with the humidifier, a cleaning brush, the power adaptor and a user manual. Not only is the Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier long lasting, it is also easy to use, all you have to do is take the tank off and fill it up with water and it is ready to go.
The Pure Enrichment nozzle is great because it can be rotated so that it will not hit directly on furniture, electronics or your child. This humidifier is a great addition to any newborn or infant nursery.
Pros About the Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:
- 250 square foot of coverage.
- Great for a small or medium sized room.
- Easy to use and to clean.
- Requires little assembly.
- Quiet and includes a soft glowing, optional night light.
- Has a 360-degree mist nozzle.
- Includes a disk cleaning brush and an AC adaptor.
Cons About the Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:
- The tank part does not come apart, so it is hard to clean.
- The output tube does not disconnect so it is also hard to clean.
- Makes a loud beeping sound when it turns off or the settings are changed.
- Is small and does not hold much water.
According to Amazon.com, the Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier has a 4 out of 5-stars review with some customers saying that this machine was perfect for their nursery because it had a glowing light that was soothing and was so quiet that it did not wake the baby from her sleep. Other people said that they are super happy with the humidifier for their sons’ room because it is easy to use, easy to clean, super quiet and nice to look at.
The Homech Cool Mist Humidifier is a great humidifier that runs on cool mist. This machine has a 360-degree coverage and a rotating nozzle that allows you to change the height of the mist in your home or nursery.
The Homech can distribute up to 300 milliliters per hour and the mist particles are so small that it can diffuse the air which can help to keep your babies’ skin moist and help to fight off coughs or stuffiness.
The Homech Cool Mist Humidifier holds up to 4 liters of water and can run for 60 hours at one time, so you do not have to add water often or worry about the water running out while you are sleeping.
This humidifier is very quiet and peaceful and has a noise level of 30dB so you can run the humidifier and not be disturbed while sleeping, making it perfect for any type of nursery. This humidifier also offers an auto shut-off, so you never have to worry about it running while the water is out of it. It also has a dry burn protection so water will not leak on you change the tank.
The wide opening allows you to clean the humidifier easily and the fan will rotate for 3 minutes after the tube is drained so that mold will not be able to settle in. The IC board is dustproof and waterproof so it prevents water or dust from entering in the base which can make sure it is safe for the environment.
Pros of the Homech Cool Mist Humidifier:
- Easy to clean.
- Large opening so cleaning is easy.
- Carrying handle to make getting water easier.
- Includes an ultrasonic atomizer that allows the water to soothe the air quietly.
- Includes a dustproof sponge that absorbs sound waves.
- Stays dry and clean in the base.
Cons of the Homech Cool Mist Humidifier:
- Hard to refill.
- Makes a little buzzing noise when on.
- Does not blow much vapor.
- Tube is hard to clean.
According to Amazon.com, the Homech Cool Mist Humidifier has a 4.8 out of 5-stars rating with some customers saying that this humidifier helped to get rid of their allergies and helped them to sleep much better. Other customers mentioned that the humidifier was great for their nursery because it was quiet and let out the perfect amount of mist.
The Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a humidifier that is built for a large room. This tank holds 6 liters of water and can run up to 50 hours straight before refilling the tank. The Everlasting humidifier has a place to add essential oils so you can add which oils you want, and the humidifier will diffuse them.
This humidifier also comes with a fan that can help to circulate the oils and the mist allowing your room to smell clean and fresh. With a 360-degree nozzle that rotates, the Everlasting Humidifier is adjustable so that it can reach all areas of your room. Not only does it have a rotating nozzle, but this humidifier helps to reduce viruses and bacteria that are airborne, and it does this by keeping the humidity level at 43% to help keep your babies’ skin soft and smooth.
The Everlasting Comfort humidifier will shut-off automatically when it runs out of water so you can always feel safe when your baby is asleep in their nursery. It is easy to fill and does not take any filters like other humidifiers sometimes take. Not only does this save money by not using filters, it can also be used with regular tap water.
This humidifier is quiet, almost silent, allowing your baby to sleep peacefully all night long and puts out a lot of mist, up to 9 ounces per hour. The Everlasting Cool Mist Humidifier works in rooms up to 500 square feet and can last up to 6 nights of sleep before refilling.
Pros of the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:
- High Mist Output
- Increases sleep.
- Keeps skin smooth and relieves dryness and itchy skin.
- Keeps the humidity level at 43%
- Has a mist control knob and a water level window.
- Essential oil tray.
- Auto Shut-off and ETL Certified.
- Contains no filters to replace.
- Treats insomnia, allergies, asthma and prevents colds.
- 2-year replacement warranty.
Cons of the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:
- Hard to refill.
- Water spills everywhere when being refilled.
- Dial is hard to turn.
- Plastic cracks easily.
According to Amazon.com, the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier has a 4.1 out of 5-stars rating with one customer saying that this humidifier is quiet and has a nice glow, allowing their toddler to sleep all night long. Another customer said that they live in a desert and the air is very dry and their pediatrician told them to get a humidifier for their nursery, this humidifier helped to keep humidity in the room and helped their baby sleep well at night.
Buying Guide for Purchasing the Best Humidifier for Newborns and Infants
There are different things that you need to consider when purchasing a humidifier, especially one that will go in your newborn or infant nursery. Some things that you need to consider are:
- Safety – make sure that the humidifier does not build up any type of bacteria, fungi or mold. Also, if using a hot water humidifier, remember that hot water can be dangerous around children.
- Noise – if you are going to put the humidifier in the infant or newborn nursery, you want to make sure that the humidifier does not make unnecessary noise. Find a humidifier that is not overly loud and does not disrupt sleep.
- Size – smaller humidifiers can add moisture to homes without overdoing it. Also, if you use a smaller size, you can move it around if you need to change up the nursery.
- Climate – make sure that you think about the seasons and if you will be battling things such as colds or allergies. If so, pick the right matches to fight off those types of sicknesses.
Purchasing a humidifier for a newborn or infant nursery can be an important purchase. Use the buying guide above to make sure that you get the perfect humidifier for your newborn or infant nursery.
Check out the best humidifier for snoring today!